We invite all amateur craft workers to enter this competition and help encourage arts and crafts in our area. There will be a preview in the church on the Friday of the Festival at 7.30pm when prizes and certificates will be presented. Once again we very much hope that you will enter our competitions and cordially invite you to the preview.
Entry forms are available here:
The competition classes are:
- Fee per entry: All classes: £3 per entry; free for Children’s classes; cheques payable to “Cawood Craft Festival”.
- N.B. 5% commission will be levied by the organisers for all entries sold as a direct result of the competition.
- The Competition is open to all Amateur Artists & Crafters
- No more than 3 entries per person per class.
- No item may be entered into more than one class.
- No item may be entered in more than one Craft Festival.
- *Artwork must not exceed 24 x 30 inches including frame and must be strung for hanging
- **Photographs must not exceed print size 10 x 8 inches and must be mounted/framed and strung for hanging
- No late entries will be accepted.
- The Judges’ decision is final.
- All entries must be accompanied by a label including your name, class number and price, if for sale. Entries into Young People’s classes should also include their age. Entrant’s name must not be visible on the front of the item.
- Entries should be delivered to All Saints Church between 6pm and 8pm on Wednesday 24th August and between 10am and 5pm on Thursday 25th August.
- You are recommended to arrange your own insurance cover.
- Collection of entries will take place strictly between 5pm and 6pm on the Bank Holiday Monday.
- Any items left in church after this time will be disposed of at the organisers’ discretion.
- Competition entries will be displayed in Church over the Bank Holiday weekend. At the preview evening, the prizes and certificates will be presented to the winning competitors. Entrants are expected to attend or send nominees to collect their prize if successful which is on Friday at 7.30pm in the church. Please forward completed form and fee as soon as possible.
- Best in show – Dot Hunt Memorial Trophy and £100
- For each class (1-20):
- 1st – £25
- 2nd – £15
- 3rd – £10
- For each Young People’s class:
- 1st – £15
- 2nd – £10
- 3rd – £5
- Best in Young People’s Competition – £25